Seaweed, onions and soy sauce is all you need!
|our staple soup - miyok gook|
Preparation: Soak 1/2 cup of dried seaweed in water (20 minutes~ until a bit bloated)
1) Saute 1/3 of an onion(diced) until clear (use good quality oil - grape/olive/sesame oil).
2) Add soaked dried seaweed, saute with the onions for a minute over medium heat.
3) Add 1 TB (tablespoon) of soy sauce and let simmer (lower heat) and cover for 3 minutes.
4) Add enough water until consistency of soup desired - I usually add enough water for seaweed to level with water - it's your preference.
5) Cover and boil for 7 minutes - taste & season with 1 tsp of soy sauce or pinch of salt if desired. *Adjust
saltiness with salt - too much soy sauce will make it taste "soy saucy."
That is it! Very easy.
Using good quality seaweed and ingredients (oil, soy sauce) makes a huge difference.
I prefer a very chunky hearty seaweed soup with just enough water and less salt.
Food is medicine!