Most of the "work" was done my husband - I did the measuring and making sure he was doing things correctly~^^
We made sure we let it rise for the second time and also baked it in a bigger pan this time.
I'm really proud of him!
He is now going to be the "bread maker" in the house :)
Nom nom nom...
It came out much fluffier this time. We are in love with making this!
**good for 18cm pan(round or square as long as it fits)
_ 2/3 C warm water
_ 1/2 tsp honey
_ 1.5 tsp active dry yeast
1) mix all above ingredients in a large bowl - let sit for 10 mins (it will start to bubble!)
_ 1 cup all purpose flour
_ 1/2 tsp salt
_ 3 TB oliveoil
2) Add above dry ingredients to "yeast mixture" - stir until combined.
3) Measure 1 cup of flour into a separate bowl and add into the "dough mixture" to form a "rough dough ball"(you want it still pulling apart from the bowl)
4) Dump the "rough dough bowl" on the table - knead on surface until elastic - about 7~10 minutes.
5) Lightly oil a large bowl and place "dough ball" while coating it on oil.
6) Cover it with a damp cloth and place it in a "warm"(important!) oven - I set my oven to 40 degrees Celcius - for an hour (or until it doubles in size). You can also place it anywhere where it's "warm".
6) Once doubled in size, deflate dough and place on your oiled pan(18cm~). You can also "salt" the bottom of the pan (your preference). ***Don't "flatten" the dough too much on the pan.
7) Cover with wet cloth and let it rise for another 40 minutes.
8) Poke dimples on bread with fingers and drizzle with 1 TB~ of olive oil (more oil the "crispier"). Season with salt, pepper, dried basil/thyme, fresh rosemary (to your liking). Place black olives in the dimples.
9) Bake at 230 degrees Celcius for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.